uk visa enquiry

Permitted paid engagement visa UK

If you are an expert in your profession and you have been invited to the UK for a job related to your expertise by a UK-based organization then you can apply for a permitted paid engagement visa.

The following are permitted paid engagements according to the Immigration Rules –
  • An academic who is highly qualified within his or her field of expertise may examine students and/or participate in or chair selection panels, if they have been invited by a UK Higher Education Institution or a UK ba

By - 4 years ago

Evidence Requirement for 10 years long residence

You can apply to settle in the UK based on long residence. This route was previously known as Long Residence concession, which means that – a person who has lived in the UK for 10 continuous years lawfully can apply to settle in the UK. Settling in the UK means that you get "indefinite leave to remain" in the UK that allows you to stay in the UK without any time restrictions.

Calculating Continuous residence
Continuous residence is the time that you spend in the UK without breaching immigra...

By - 4 years ago

How to apply for a visa as the parent of a child in the UK

The UK Immigration Rules allows a parent to come to the UK to live with their child in the UK. You can apply for a visa as the parent of a child in the UK to take care of your child. However, if you can apply as a partner you should apply for a partner or spouse visa instead of applying as a parent. So, you can come to the UK, remain in the UK and settle in the UK as a parent of a child who is either a British citizen or is settled in the UK provided you meet the eligibility conditions.


By - 4 years ago

UK Visa Administrative Review: faqs, fees, and processing time

Visa refusal is quite evident in the UK. Hundreds of visa applications are refused every year for various reasons. Once a visa application is refused applicant may have 3 options to exercise. The applicants can apply for  -

  1. A fresh application.
  2. An administrative review and
  3. An appeal.
The applicant is informed about his/her right to go for either administrative review or an appeal in the refusal letter sent from the Home Office.
 UK visa administrative review FAQS 
There are some ...

By - 4 years ago

How to appeal against UK spouse visa refusal

Refusal of any kind of visa application is bad. UK spouse visa refusal is even worse because you cannot join your partner in the UK. However, you can appeal against the decision of the Home Office. You will be informed about the right to appeal in the refusal letter.

 Who can appeal?
Applicants who wish to join his/her married partner who is a British citizen can apply for a UK spouse visa. But if your visa is refused for one of the several possible reasons you can either apply for a fresh app...

By - 4 years ago

EU Nationals and Family members


EU Nationals
European Union or EU is a union of 27 member states. All these EU states are primarily located in Europe. Some major EU member states are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, the Czech Republic, France, Finland, Spain, and the UK. Citizens of these countries are called EU Nationals or EU Citizens.
 EU nationals living in the UK after Brexit
The UK left the European Union on 31st January 2020 as a result of Brexit. Now, all EU nationals living in the UK need to apply f...

By - 4 years ago

Visa Refused – What to do next ?

Visa refusal is quite common. The applicants themselves can make a mistake or may not include the relevant evidence in support of the application which leads to a refusal of the application. In some cases, there may be incorrect consideration due to which the applicant can also be refused. The simplest and most common reason for the visa refusal is incorrect submission or omission of details in the application form. Similarly not attaching required documents is also one of the most common rea...

By - 4 years ago

UK Family Visa - Things you must know

UK Family Visa

If you wish to join your family member in the UK who is a UK resident and you intend to join them for more than 6 months, you need to apply for a visa in a relevant category. If you are outside the UK you can apply to join your UK resident family member provided you meet the requirements of relevant Immigration Rules. If you are already in the UK on a family visa, you can apply to extend your stay before the time allowed for you to stay in the UK gets over.
 Who can you join in

By - 4 years ago

UK Sole Representative Visa - An Overview

There are lots of opportunities for businesses in the Uk. This is why many overseas companies want to establish their businesses in the UK. The UK also welcomes them. So, if a company wants to send its representative to the UK to establish a branch of their business in the UK, they can apply for Sole Representative Visa. A sole representative visa allows a senior employee of an overseas company to come to the UK to set up and run a business unit in the UK. This business unit can be a UK branch o


By - 4 years ago

Guide to UK Immigration for Doctors

UK needs and allows people from various professions to come to the UK workforce. Doctors are also welcome in the UK. However, migrating doctors to the UK from outside the UK and EEA needs to know the law and process of it. Immigration laws in the UK are complex and multi-layered. So, it is always good to have the basic knowledge of it.  Basic Guidance for doctors looking to come to work in the UK  Medical professionals and citizens of EU/EEA nations If you are a doctor and an EEA natio...

By - 4 years ago

Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.