uk visa enquiry
UK Visa

Apply to stay in the UK as a Stateless Person

Do you need to apply for a Apply to stay in the UK as a Stateless Person?

Speak to our experts to find out about our fast, friendly and affordable service


A stateless person not recognised as a citizen of any country can apply to stay in the UK.

To apply, one must also be:

  • Inside the UK at the time of making application
  • You are unable to return to a another country as a result of being stateless

Those cannot return to another country because of fear of persecution there, however you will be required to apply for asylum first.

Anyone already claimed asylum or has an outstanding human rights claim, he/she must await a decision. You can apply as stateless person if the claim is refused.

How long one can stay

If given permission to stay (known as ‘leave to remain’) one can normally stay in the UK for 2 years and 6 months (30 Months).  Further leave can be applied on expiry of your initial leave, however you will be required to show the evidence to satisfy Secretary of State in order to be successful.

Family members

If the family members (‘dependants’)are already with you in the UK, you need to include them in your application if you want them to stay with you in the UK.

Dependants in such cases are:

  • the  partner
  • children under 18 years of age

Documents one must provide

Following documents are mandatory, for you and your dependants if available:

  • current passports and other travel documents, eg visas
  • official letters confirming immigration status (with the reference number ASL.2150, ASL.2151 or ASL.2152)
  • birth certificates
  • marriage certificates

And any further documents must be submitted as a proof of your statelessness you may submit as many documents as you can. You should also provide documents for your dependants if they’re stateless.

These can include:

  • identity, immigration and travel documents
  • documents that prove where you lived before coming to the UK, eg school certificates, medical records or sworn statements from neighbours which should be in an acceptable manner, including the wording of these documents.


The applicant may be able to get financial and housing support while they and their family while waiting to find out if they will be given permission to stay (‘leave to remain’).

Why Choose Us?

  • You pay a Fixed Fee (In this category your fee will be very nominal)
  • You will receiveadvise from experienced caseworkers.
  • We provide our client’s with unlimited meetings and support.
  • We provide our client’s with unlimited phone calls.
  • We advise you on the procedure, requirements and merits of making an application for travel document.
  • We keep our client’s updated with new rules and procedure and act in their best interest.
  • We advise and represent our clients’ dependants to seek dependant visas in line with the visa of the main applicant.
  • We lodge appeals where necessary.
  • We advise you on the future applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain and British Citizenship for those who will complete required number of years in the UK.
  • We answer your queries even after your application has been submitted and approved on what you are required to next.

Do you need to apply for a Apply to stay in the UK as a Stateless Person?

Speak to our experts to find out about our fast, friendly and affordable service

about-image about-image about-image about-image about-image
Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.