UK Child Visa
Children of a British Citizen or a Settled person can join then in the United Kingdom, provided that they are under the age of 18 years – or above 18 in very exceptional circumstances. The parent will need to satisfy the condition that the sole responsibility of the children is with the parent settled in the UK and it is not reasonable for the child to stay outside the United Kingdom. If you are able to satisfy the requirements, then you can apply for a child dependent visa or child settlement visa from overseas. Once the child is granted the visa they are generally granted Indefinite Leave to Enter only if they are applying alone.
The parent/s will also need to provide evidence that they are able to provide the child with adequate accommodation and maintenance and, where necessary, relevant education arrangements have been put in place for the child applying for Entry Clearance from outside the UK.
You will be able to apply under this category of UK visa even if you are an adopted child. However, adoption arrangements and paperwork should be fulfilled inside the United Kingdom.
The parents will also need to prove that the child is financially dependent on them. If the child is over 18 years of age, exceptional circumstances should be in existence.
If the parent is an EEA/EU national the age limit for children is 21 years, an application can be made from inside and outside the United Kingdom under this category.
The required evidence changes according to circumstances so please seek advice from one of our experts today.
Do you need to apply for a Dependent Child Visa?
Speak to our experts to find out about our fast, friendly and affordable service
Why Choose Us?
- You pay a Fixed Fee
- Our immigration adviser will take detailed instructions from you and advise you about the relevant immigration law and procedure to be adopted by the Immigration Authorities in your immigration case
- Our immigration adviser represents your circumstances clearly
- Our immigration adviser will discuss your immigration case in detail with you and advise you about the weaknesses and strengths of your immigration case
- Our immigration adviser will advise you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your application
- Our immigration adviser will consider contents of the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the application and discuss the same with you
- You receive advice from our experienced caseworkers
- We provide our clients with unlimited meetings and support
- We provide our clients with unlimited phone calls
- We advise you on the procedure, requirements and merits of making an application to the UKBA/British Diplomatic post
- We keep our clients updated with new rules and procedures, acting in their best interest
- We draft representations in support of your immigration and UK visa application explaining your circumstances in detail and proving how you satisfy the requirements of Immigration Rules
- We advise and represent our clients’ dependents to seek dependent visas in line with the visa of the main applicant
- We lodge appeals and prepare administrative reviews
- We advise you on the future applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain and British Citizenship for those who will complete required number of years in the UK
- We answer your queries even after your application has been submitted and approved on what you are required to do next