UK Civil Partnership Visa
A registered civil partnership is a lawful relationship between two people of the same sex. Same-sex couples should generally register their civil partnership before applying for a UK visa under this category unless they have lived together for a period of 2 years. In some cases, it may not be necessary to even show that you have lived together with your partner for 2 years, however, we would need to know about your circumstances in detail in order to see whether your application will be successful under this category. You can find out more about the eligibility criteria for a UK civil partnership visa below.
If the applicant is a partner in a same-sex relationship like that of marriage, then he/she may be eligible to make an application for a stay or entry in the United Kingdom under this category of visa.
- Both the civil partner should be at least 18 years of age; and
- Both the civil partners should have met and should be committed to the relationship; and
- Their relationship should be genuine and subsisting; and
- Neither of the partners has a relationship with more than one partner; and
- Both the partners intend to live together and establish a permanent home together in the United Kingdom
Apart from the above, the applicant will need to provide evidence that he/she is a civil partner of:
- A present and settled person in the United Kingdom, or
- Your partner will on arrival be admitted for settlement
It is important for the partner to show that there is adequate accommodation for the other partner and any dependents and that he/she will be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds.
After 9 July 2012, the applicant will need to ensure that either of the parties should be earning £18,600 if they are inside the United Kingdom or the partner in the United Kingdom has these earnings. There are various ways to meet the financial requirement; please consult our expert team to find out if you meet this financial requirement.
Duration of Stay
If you are applying from overseas, you will be issued leave to enter for a period of 33 months. Inside the United Kingdom, you will be issued a stay for a period of 30 months. A further extension will continue to be sought until it accumulates to 5 years.
After completion of a period of 5 years’ residence in the United Kingdom as a civil partner, you will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. This is, of course, dependent upon the condition that the applicant is still in a civil partnership, where both civil partners are living together in the UK and can continue to meet the requirements as mentioned above. Of course, to the condition that the applicant is still a civil partner and living together in the UK and can continue to meet the requirement as mentioned above.
Why Choose Us?
- You pay a Fixed Fee
- You will receive advice from experienced caseworkers
- We provide our clients with unlimited meetings and support
- We provide our clients with unlimited phone calls
- We advise you on the procedure, requirements, and merits of making an application for travel documents
- We keep our clients updated with new rules and procedures, acting in their best interest
- We advise and represent our clients’ dependents to seek dependent visas in line with the visa of the main applicant
- We lodge appeals where necessary
- We advise you on any future applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain and British Citizenship for those who complete the required number of years in the UK
- We answer your queries – even after your application has been submitted and approved – on what you are required to next