Entrepreneur Visa Extension
An applicant will be eligible to apply for an Entrepreneur Visa extension until 5 April 2023 and will be able to make a settlement - ILR applications under the Entrepreneur category until 5 April 2025.
You may be eligible to apply for the entrepreneur visa extension if you meet the following:
- Have registered as a director of an existing or new UK company or registered as self-employed also. Your registration must have happened within the 6 months from the date you were allowed to stay in the UK under a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.
- You need to prove yourself as either having been self-employed, a member of a partnership or working as a director of a business within 3 months before you apply.
- You have created full-time jobs for at least 2 individuals and these jobs existed for at least 1 year or more – where a full-time job is for 30 hours or more per week. The employees must be paid minimum wages or above;
- You need to prove that you can support yourself financially and therefore satisfy the maintenance requirement.
- English Language Requirement is generally satisfied automatically as at the time of initial application you would have shown
- You must have invested at least £200,000 or £50,000 in cash into 1 or more businesses in the UK. The amount you need to invest in the business operations is based on the level of funds with which you had made your initial visa application.
- If you want your dependents that are already living with you on your current visa to continue living with you with the visa extension, you must include them on your application to extend. You also need to include children who have turned 18 during your stay in your application and provide evidence living together for children 16 years or above.
Indefinite Leave to remain applications
- You only need to prove that you have created full-time jobs for at least 2 individuals and these jobs existed for at least 1 year or more – where a full-time job is for 30 hours or more per week. The employees must be paid minimum wages or above;
- That you have been present in the UK for last 5 years without absences exceed 180 days in any of the 5 years outside the UK; and
- That you satisfy the requirements of Life in the UK and the English Language at Level B1
If you are looking for representations for the purpose of your Entrepreneur Visa Extension or ILR application, please contact our Immigration Lawyers Team on 02034111261