Join or Remain with Family in the UK
Your family member should be present and settled in the UK and should be from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you should want to join, for 6 months or more, a partner or family member who’s living in the UK permanently.
The family member should:
- be a British citizen;
- have settled in the UK; or
- have asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK.
You should be wanting to come to the UK in order to:
- join your partner (spouse, fiancé(e), civil or unmarried partner);
- join your parent;
- come to look after your child; or
- come to be looked after by family.