• +44 (0)20 3411 1261
  • info@visaandmigration.com
uk visa enquiry

Please provide your country code if you are outside UK




See All
OISC Registered
immigration and asylum
ILPA member

Tourist and Short Stay

In this section, you will find information about:

Short Term Student Visa
UK Transit Visa
UK Visitor or Tourist Visa
Permitted Paid Engagement Visa
Parent of a Tier 4 Child Visa

If you want to visit the UK for a short amount of time, then there are different types of visas suited to the type of trip you want to make. For something as simple as passing through the UK, you will need to apply for a ​Transit Visa. However, if you want to visit the UK for a shorter period than six months on a holiday basis or to see family members, you will need to apply for a ​UK Tourist or Visitor Visa​.

What is a Short Term Student Visa?

If you want to do a short course of study in the UK, then you need a short term student visa. This also allows you to do a short period of research if you require it for part of a degree. To find out if a short term student visa is right for you, click ​here​.

What is a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa?

A ​permitted paid engagement visa is given to people who want to come to the UK to do specific paid work without sponsors under the points-based visa system. The Visa lasts for three months. If you want apply for this visa, you need to fulfil specific requirements under the Immigration Rules.

What is a Parent of a Tier 4 Child Visa?

If your child attends an independent fee-paying day school in the UK you are eligible for a parent of tier 4 child visa. The visa is granted for a 6 to 12 months and can be extended in the UK.

If you’d like more information regarding an application for a Tourist or Short Stay Visa, or you would like to make an appeal, then do not hesitate to ​get in touch.

Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.

Quick links


Marco Polo House, 3 - 5 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2BX
+44 (0)20 3411 1261
+44 (0)20 3761 1901

India Office:
E501 Jagaran Apartments, Dwarka Sector 22, New Delhi, India

Iraq Office:
Nadia Al Said st, Beside the Embassy of Germany, Al Amirat Al-Mansour, Baghdad, Iraq

Our Services