uk visa enquiry

Third Party Financial Support in FM Cases

In 2017, the Supreme Court decided the case of MM and others case didn't preclude the requirement to meet a basic income requirement and it stays the same at £18,600 to sponsor the partner, £22,400 to sponsor a partner and child. Learn more about third-party financial support in FM cases. !--more--

Additional sources of permitted income can be relied upon only in 'exceptional circumstances'

The August 2017 rule changes do not benefit all the families migrating to the UK on a settlement visa...

By - 5 years ago

Moving to the UK from the Commonwealth

A Commonwealth citizen is a person residing in a member state of the Commonwealth of Nations. In British nationality law, a Commonwealth citizen is a person who is:

  • A British citizen,
  • British Overseas Territories citizen,
  • British Overseas citizen,
  • British subject,
  • British National (Overseas), or
  • A national of a country listed in Schedule 3 of the British Nationality Act 1981.

Commonwealth citizens can enjoy certain privileges in the UK and other member states. These special


By - 5 years ago

UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Maintenance Funds Requirement

Those looking to set up a new business or take over the running of a business in the UK can apply for a UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. As with any other visa category, you must meet some conditions to be eligible to apply for a UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. !--more-- The eligibility conditions for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa are as follows:

  1. You want to set up or run a business in UK.
  2. You are not from the EEA or Switzerland.
  3. You must have access to at least £50,000 or £200,000 of inv

By - 5 years ago

Visa and Immigration Rules for Adopted Children in the UK

If you are settled in the UK and you adopted a child overseas, then you can bring your adopted child to the UK. In order to do so, you need to follow UK visa and immigration rules for adopted children. !--more--

Visa rules for adopted children

  • You must show that you currently live and are settled in the UK legally - and that there is no time limit on your stay.
  • You must also show that you can adequately support and house your child without needing any support from public funds.

By - 5 years ago

Driving Laws Around the World

Driving in a different country can be extremely stressful - especially when the driving laws differ to the ones you’re used to in your home country. Whether you’re visiting another country, you’ve just got a fiance visa or you’ve just received a settlement visa, you’ll find there are many different (and bizarre) driving laws you will need to adhere to. !--more-- In the UK and other countries, if you fail to adhere to immigration rules or break the law in some instances, you may see your visa rev


By - 5 years ago

Immigration Rules for Unmarried and Same Sex Partner Visa Applications

A person, who has cohabited for 2 years or more but is not married nor is in a civil partnership with a partner who is settled in the UK, can apply to join his or her partner in the UK. If you are looking to apply for either an unmarried partner or same sex partner visa then you can do so provided certain conditions are met. In July 2012, new immigration rules for unmarried and same-sex partners wishing to settle permanently in the UK came into effect. If you're applying for a UK unmarried pa...

By - 5 years ago

Permitted Activities in the UK on a Visitor Visa

You are given UK Visitor Visa for a short period of up to 6 months. You can enter the UK with such a visa for different purposes. Activities that you are allowed to do in the UK on a UK visitor visa depend on the type of visitor visa that you hold and the sub category of it. Your sub category depends on the main purpose of your visit to UK that you stated in your visa application or the application for leave to enter UK. !--more--

Permitted activities on a UK visitor visa

As noted, permitte...

By - 5 years ago

Appealing a Civil Penalty for Illegal Employment

UK employers can employee foreign national workers in their organisation provided they meet the relevant visa and immigration requirements. However, if an employer in UK is found guilty of employing someone who they knew - or had reasonable cause to believe - did not have the right to work in UK, then they will face a civil penalty, with the possibility of a 5 year prison sentence. However, a employer in this situation can exercise the option of appealing a civil penalty. !--more--  

What is


By - 5 years ago

Best Universities for International Students in the UK

From the royal family and rolling country lanes, to obsessive tea drinking and the ever amazing Harry Potter franchise, the UK is renowned worldwide for so many different quirks and perks. But it’s not just the cream teas and Shakespearean plays that have people flocking to live in the UK, it’s also the incredible academic programme Britain has to offer its residents. Across the width and breadth of the nation lie some of the best universities within the world of academia, where young people rec...

By - 5 years ago

The Genuine Entrepreneur Test for UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Applications

UK gives many great opportunities to entrepreneurs; it's a great place for doing business. This is why entrepreneurs from outside the UK wish to come to the UK for a new venture. Entrepreneurs have the ability to start and develop a business along, of course, with all the associated risks. Entrepreneurs from all nationalities can apply for a UK Tier 1 entrepreneur visa to enter the UK. In recent years, the number of applicants for UK Tier 1 entrepreneur visa has increased, so the UKVI felt th...

By - 5 years ago

Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.