uk visa enquiry

The Surinder Singh Immigration Route: How Does it Work?

The Surinder Singh route is a simple process. It works for European Economic Area (EEA) nationals who want to get their family members into their country of origin. This means that you can apply for an EEA family permit if you lived with your family member in an EEA country other than UK and your family member is a British Citizen. !--more-- In order to get an EEA family permit based on the Surinder Singh route, your family member who is a British Citizen with whom you have lived in anothe...

By - 5 years ago

Tier 2 and 5 Sponsor Licences

Often, a company in the UK wishes or needs to employ workers who are non-EU nationals. In that case, what do they need to do? If any company in the UK wishes to employ a non-EU worker then that company requires obtaining Sponsor License. In this guide, we outline what a sponsor license is and how you can go about applying for one. !--more-- A sponsor license is the first step a company in the UK needs to take to employ non-EU workers; a Tier 2 or Tier 5 licence from the Home Office is need...

By - 5 years ago

Common Issues With UK Visitor Visas

Many people want to visit the UK for short durations, for leisure (going on holiday, seeing your family), business or other reasons (taking part in a sporting event, to receive private medical treatment). For such a visit, you may need to apply for a standard UK visit visa, allowing you to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. But visitor visas can be refused. What are some common issues with applying for a visitor visa and how can you overcome them? !--more-- When you make an application for...

By - 5 years ago

Why Should You Hire an Immigration Consultant for Your UK Visa Application?

Are you looking to come to UK? If so, then you should hire an immigration consultant for your UK visa application. Find out why in this guide. !--more-- Often, the process is not as straightforward as you think. Application forms can be complex and lengthy. If you think that you can fill it on your own and you don’t need any expert advice, think again; visa applications are often rejected for simple mistakes and you'll need to pay again in order to reapply for the same visa. Appeal and adm...

By - 5 years ago

EEA Workers in the UK

In this guide, we outline the rights EEA residents have to live and work in the UK, as well as the social benefits you may be entitled to. !--more--

Who are EEA Nationals?

Nationals of following countries are EEA residents: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, ...

By - 5 years ago

Recent Changes to Tier 2 Immigration Rules

There are various types of visa which allow nationals of other countries to come to the UK for several reasons. One of the reasons why people of other nations want to come to the UK is when they get a job in UK, which comes under the Tier 2 category. However, there have been recent changes to immigration rules for this category of visa. !--more-- UK tier 2 visa categories allow skilled professionals who are from outside European Economic Area (EEA) to come to UK in order to work. If an ind...

By - 5 years ago

Tier 2 Applications from Outside the UK

How do Tier 2 visa applications from outside the UK work? Find out in this guide. !--more-- If you have a sponsor in the UK, they can assign you a Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship (RCoS) after the employer has conducted the necessary Resident Labour Market Test. Once you have the RCoS assigned to you, you must leave the UK and make the entry clearance application. However, the rules for Tier 2 visas have changed recently. Your employer will now be requred to pay an Immigration S...

By - 5 years ago

Judicial Review Process

When you apply for a UK visa, you submit your application form along with any supporting documents prior to attending an interview. After that, you’ll need to wait for your visa approval. However, there are occasions when a visa may be refused. But fear not: you’ll usually have the option to appeal and reapply. And one such option is via Judicial Review. !--more-- For certain visa applications, applicants get no rights to appeal while some visa applicants get full rights of appeal if UK visa is


By - 5 years ago

EEA Permanent Residence Refused?

With guidelines and regulations constantly changing - especially since Brexit - what happens if your EEA Permanent Residence application is refused? Find out why this can happen and how you can appeal in this guide.


The EEA - or European Economic Areas - was established in January 1994, and allows for the free movement of people, goods, services and capital within this region, which includes the ability for EEA residents to choose residency in any country within the EEA. In 2016, t


By - 5 years ago

The UK Spouse Visa and Disability Living Allowance

If you're looking to join your spouse or partner who is a UK citizen, then you can do so by applying for UK Spouse visa. If you're a UK citizen looking to bring your partner or spouse to the UK, then you can sponsor your partner. In normal circumstances, the sponsor has to meet certain financial requirements for his or her partner when he or she comes to the UK. But what if the sponsor has a disability which means they are restricted in their ability to work? 

Financial exemptions

While ap


By - 6 years ago

Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.