uk visa enquiry

Challenges to Obtaining a UK Spouse Visa

As the name suggests, you need to apply for a UK spouse visa if you want to live in the UK with your spouse (assuming they are a British citizen). In other words, a spouse visa is meant for the spouse, partner, proposed partner or civil partner of a person who is currently settled in the UK. Applying for such a visa means fulfilling certain requirements - failure to do so can result in an applicant's visa being refused. !--more--

UK Spouse Visa Requirements

The following requirements are fu...

By - 4 years ago

Tier 2 Sports Person UK Visa

Top level athletes and coaches who are looking to come to UK to work in a way that will help their sport's development need a valid Tier 2 Sportsperson visa. But what do you need to know before applying for such a visa? !--more-- There are a variety of requirements that need to be adhered to when making an application within the category of a Tier 2 Sportsperson visa. These are:

  1. You are a top level sportsperson or coach, internationally recognised and recognised by your sport’s govern

By - 4 years ago

Obscure Laws that Still Exist in the UK

With a total of 66 monarchs and 57 parliaments having ruled and governed the UK throughout the centuries, the United Kingdom has seen its fair share of laws both entering and leaving legislation through the years. !--more-- While it would be plausible to assume that as society has evolved, so has the logic of the nation’s laws, this is not necessarily the case. While some of the more outdated and seemingly bizarre rules have been dissolved, there still remain some obscure and admittedly s...

By - 4 years ago

Reasons for Delays in UK Visa Processing Time

When you make a UK visa application, you want this to be processed quickly. There are standard time limits within which visa applications are processed by the Home Office if everything is right with the application and the applicant. But many times you may have to face delays. There have, for example, been a number of reports of visa delays in 2019. What are some of the reasons behind delays in the processing time for UK visas? !--more-- Apply for a UK visa

Reasons for delays in visa processing times

UK vi...

By - 4 years ago

Common Reasons for UK Visa Refusal

When you apply for a UK visa, it’s in your best interest to avoid common mistakes which may be grounds for your visa application being refused. But what are some of the common reasons that lead to UK visa applications being refused? !--more-- If your visa application is refused, it may be frustrating, confusing and upsetting for you. But the truth is that UK visa refusal is not an occasional thing: it’s actually a regular occurrence. In circumstances where your visa application is refused,...

By - 4 years ago

Switching From a Tier 2 to a Tier 1 UK Visa

You can enter the UK for different purposes and - for each different purpose - you need to apply for a different visa. But what if you want to switch from one category of visa to another? !--more-- One purpose of getting a visa is to get a job in UK if you are a skilled worker; this is where you would need a Tier 2 visa. In this case, you would need to acquire a certificate of sponsorship from the employer and the employer must be a licensed sponsor. After requiring a certificate of sponso...

By - 4 years ago

Discretionary Leave to Remain in the UK Before and After 9th July 2012

The applications to extend stay under discretionary leave to remain after 9th July 2012 fall under the transitional arrangements. Discretionary Leave (DL) technically does not exist for new applications on or after 9th July 2012, as they are generally considered for leave outside rules, Appendix FM rules or on the grounds of Article 8 and the applicant is given leave to remain for 30 months, which leads to settlement after you have completed 10 years in the UK with no recourse to public funds. ...

By - 4 years ago

English Language Requirements for a UK Family Visa

English language requirements are essential for obtaining most visas in the UK for non EEA nationals. This also applies for those coming to UK through a family route. When you apply for a family visa as a partner or parent, you need to prove your knowledge of the English language. However, English language requirements often change; find out what the language requirements are and how to fulfill them in this guide. !--more-- Apply for a UK family visa You can prove your knowledge of English by taking an English t...

By - 4 years ago

The Surinder Singh Immigration Route: How Does it Work?

The Surinder Singh route is a simple process. It works for European Economic Area (EEA) nationals who want to get their family members into their country of origin. This means that you can apply for an EEA family permit if you lived with your family member in an EEA country other than UK and your family member is a British Citizen. !--more-- In order to get an EEA family permit based on the Surinder Singh route, your family member who is a British Citizen with whom you have lived in anothe...

By - 4 years ago

Tier 2 and 5 Sponsor Licences

Often, a company in the UK wishes or needs to employ workers who are non-EU nationals. In that case, what do they need to do? If any company in the UK wishes to employ a non-EU worker then that company requires obtaining Sponsor License. In this guide, we outline what a sponsor license is and how you can go about applying for one. !--more-- A sponsor license is the first step a company in the UK needs to take to employ non-EU workers; a Tier 2 or Tier 5 licence from the Home Office is need...

By - 4 years ago

Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.