If you are engaged and looking to enter the UK as a fiancé of your partner who is either a British citizen or is a person holding Indefinite Leave to Remain, EEA National with limited Leave to Remain or a person holding limited leave as a ECAA person under Appendix ECAA of the immigration rules or a person who had a Refugee status or granted humanitarian protection, you can apply for a UK Fiancé visa.
UK Fiancé visa is valid for 6 months only within which you must get married to your UK Fiancé within 6 months else you will have to leave the UK or apply for another form of immigration permission to remain in the UK. Your fiancé needs to sponsor you.
How to apply for a UK Fiancé visa
First, you need to meet the eligibility conditions. The requirements set out for a UK fiancé visa are the following:
- You (applicant) and your fiancé must be 18 or above.
- You and your UK fiancé must prove intention to get married or enter into a civil partnership within 6 months of your arrival in the UK.
- You must prove that any previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended.
- There must be an intention to settle in the UK.
- You and your fiancé must meet the relationship requirements.
- You and your fiancé must meet the financial requirements.
- You and your fiancé must meet the adequate accommodation requirement.
- You must prove that you have good knowledge of English.
Applying from outside the UK for fiance visa
You must apply for a UK Fiancé visa from outside the UK. You must apply online.
Once you meet all the eligibility conditions, you need to check the document list as well. These documents are required when you are applying for a UK fiancé visa.
- Application form
- Your passport/travel documents
- Documents to prove your knowledge of the English language such as a degree certificate or English language test certificate
- Your Tuberculosis (TB) test results if you come from a country where you must take the TB test
- Passport/travel documents
- Proof of finances such as bank statement, salary slip etc.
- Evidence of adequate accommodation such as rental documents, property ownership documents if your partner owns a property in the UK.
- Relationship documents etc.
Submit a valid application
You must complete all the sections required on the application form. You need to pay the fee of £1,523 for a UK fiancé visa
applicable. You also need to submit the necessary documents.
Taking an appointment at a visa center
While filling the application form you need to make an appointment at a visa center in your country. You should take all the requested documents there. You will be asked to give your biometric details such as fingerprints and photographs.
How long can you stay after a successful UK fiance visa application?
Once your visa application is successful, you are granted a stay of a maximum of 6 months in the UK. During this period of 6 months, you should marry your partner in the UK. After your marriage with your
fiancé in the UK, you can apply for a UK Spouse visa to continue living with your partner.
Do you need to apply for a UK fiancé visa? It is better to take expert advice for a hassle-free UK fiancé visa application. Contact our immigration experts now on 02034111261 to find more about our affordable services.