uk visa enquiry

British passport for children born outside the UK

Children born outside the UK can acquire British citizenship by descent depending upon when you were born and your parent's status at the time of your birth, you can apply for a British passport.

British by descent

If your father or mother or both were born in the UK and one of them or both were British citizens, then you will be a British citizen regardless of where you were born. If you were born outside the UK, you are classified as British by descent, and this means you can automatically a...

By - 1 year ago

Sponsor Licence - What you need to know

If you are a UK based company or an organisation and want non-UK employees in your organisation, you need a sponsor license. You can employ most foreign workers through a sponsor license, including Skilled Visa Workers. From 1 January 2021, you need a sponsor licence to hire EU, EEA, and Swiss nationals who arrived in the UK after 31 December 2020. The Home Office grants sponsor licenses to such organisations only, showing the roles they are recruiting for, workers they are looking to sponsor ...

By - 1 year ago

Why Visitor Visas are refused

When you intend to visit the UK for a short period (up to 6 months) for various purposes such as tourism, business, study, medical treatment etc., you can apply for a UK Visitor Visa. Before you apply for a UK Visitor Visa, you need to do the following: 1. Whatever you plan to do in the UK, you should check if it is allowed as a visitor; 2. You should check whether you meet the eligibility requirements or not; and 3. Check whether you need to apply for a visa or not. If you need to apply for...

By - 1 year ago

Partner and Spouse Visa Requirements

Partner or Spouse visa is a visa type under the UK Family Visa category. One can apply for a Spouse or Partner visa to join their partner in the UK. Applicants must have a genuine relationship with their UK partners. To apply as a partner or spouse, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over.

Who can be your partner in the UK?

The first thing is that you can be a partner if you are a spouse, civil partner and fiance, proposed civil partner of a British citizen, or someone with settled ...

By - 1 year ago

How to present a UK Visitor Visa

The most common mistake people make when presenting their application for a UK visitor visa is that they never provide a clear picture of their finances. UK Visitor Visa is a short-term visa that allows you to come and stay in the UK for up to 6 months. You can visit the UK for various purposes such as holiday, meeting your family, study, medical treatment etc. The requirements for all the visitor visas are provided under Appendix V of the Immigration Rules The general eligibility requirements...

By - 1 year ago

Domestic Violence ILR Requirements

If you are in the UK on a spouse visa, civil partnership visa or unmarried partner visa and you are a victim of domestic violence, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain as a victim of domestic violence. You could use ILR to settle permanently in the UK as a victim of domestic violence only if your relationship with your partner broke down due to domestic violence.

What is domestic violence?

Any incident or pattern of incidents in which one is suffering controlling, coercive, threatening...

By - 2 years ago

UK Spouse Visa Requirements

British citizens or those settled in the UK (Holding ILR or settled or pre-settled status under Appendix EU or Holding a Status under ECAA) can bring their non-British partners to the UK. UK Spouse Visa falls under the UK Family visa category. UK Spouse visa is required to enter the UK and live with your partner. Those who receive a spouse visa initially get it for 33 months from outside the UK or 30 months inside the UK. You can also apply to extend your visa after the initial grant.

Spouse vi


By - 2 years ago

Spouse Visa Refused

Visa refusal is not a good thing. However, this is a reality. A UK spouse visa is for those who wish to join their partner who is either a British citizen or settled in the UK (Holding ILR or settled or pre-settled status under Appendix EU or holding a status under ECAA). So, one should avoid making mistakes that could result in visa refusal. You should be aware of the reasons that could result in spouse visa refusal. Here are some:

The main reasons for spouse visa refusal.

1. Your relationsh...

By - 2 years ago

Apply Indefinite Leave to Remain after five years

Indefinite leave to remain is an immigration status that allows you to stay in the UK indefinitely without restrictions and immigration control. Migrants to the UK aim for ILR. ILR gives you a settled status in the UK. You can enter and stay in the UK on one of the many visa categories such as spouse visa, skilled worker, etc. and after you have lived in the UK for five years, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. After receiving ILR you should not be absent from the UK for mo...

By - 2 years ago

Meeting the financial requirements for a UK spouse visa application

UK Spouse visa or marriage visa allows a non-British husband/wife of a British citizen or one who is settled in the UK to join him/her in the UK. A spouse or marriage visa is a type of Family visa. Those granted a UK Spouse visa can live with their partners for up to two and half years in the UK, after which they can apply for a visa extension.

Spouse visa financial requirements

The UK Immigration Rules require applicants to meet the financial requirement. Financial Requirement is an essenti...

By - 2 years ago

Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.