uk visa enquiry

UK Partner Visa with PIP

PIP stands for Personal Independence Payment. This is a welfare benefit replacing Disability Living Allowance for people between the age of 16 and State Pension Age. The UK Sponsor (British or ILR holder) does not need to meet the financial requirement when they are receiving PIP payments. Rather they need to provide evidence to support that they will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate their foreign partner in the UK.

Eligibility for UK Spouse Visa:

There is no change to these requirements except the financial requirement that are –
  • The parties in the marriage must be at least 18 years of age;
  • Parties must have met each other, be legally married to each other, and plan to live together in the UK as a married couple;
  • A marriage visa applicant must prove that the sponsor will be able to accommodate them in the UK without any recourse to public funds;
  • The applicant must satisfy the English Language requirements with a level A1 course for the purpose of Entry Clearance and A 2 for the purpose of leave to remain within the UK;
  • In order to obtain a marriage visa the relationship must, without any doubt, be proved as genuine or subsisting with substantial evidence.

Spouse Visa when you are on PIP

Meeting the financial requirement is a crucial eligibility point when you want your partner or spouse to join you in the UK. But if you are on PIP - how to meet the financial requirement? You will need to prove that the amount you are left over after your expenses for accommodation is over the amount of income support for two people.

Required Evidence

1. You need to submit a document confirming your current entitlement and the amount you currently receive from the Department for work and pensions or Veterans Agency. 2. You also need to submit at least one personal bank statement before the date of application. This bank statement should be in the 12 month period before the date of application to show payment of the benefit or allowance in your account. If your partner applies for a visa extension from within the UK, then the applicant will be exempt from meeting the minimum income requirements unless you (sponsor) cease to be entitled to or are no longer a beneficiary of PIP. If you are looking for professional advice and representation on your application, you can contact Visa and Migration Ltd on 02034111261
You can also follow us on social media Facebook: Twitter: LinkedIn: YouTube:

about-image about-image about-image about-image about-image
Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.