uk visa enquiry

EEA Family Members After Brexit

The Brexit Date is set for 31st December 2020. Brexit is when the UK leaves the EU with or without a deal. If a deal happens it has to pass through Parliament but if no deal is passed the default position in that situation is that the UK would leave the EU without a deal. With the recent victory of Boris Johnson, it is quite likely that a deal will be passed. However, whether a deal is passed or not passed what happens to an EEA national living in the UK and what happens to their family members ...

By - 2 years ago

Criminality and UK Immigration

Criminality is a vital factor when one thinks to apply for a UK visa or British Citizenship. The Home Office checks thoroughly if there is any criminal record for you and if so whether you should be granted the visa or not. Applicants may need to submit a criminal record certificate if they are submitting an application for skilled worker jobs under Table 2 of the Appendix Skilled Occupations. There are various requirements one needs to fulfil while making a visa application and a previous cr...

By - 2 years ago

UK Partner Visa with PIP

PIP stands for Personal Independence Payment. This is a welfare benefit replacing Disability Living Allowance for people between the age of 16 and State Pension Age. The UK Sponsor (British or ILR holder) does not need to meet the financial requirement when they are receiving PIP payments. Rather they need to provide evidence to support that they will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate their foreign partner in the UK.

Eligibility for UK Spouse Visa:

There is no change to these r...

By - 2 years ago

Exceptional Circumstances – Appendix FM Immigration Rules

Families such as spouses, partners, and children who wish to make the UK their home can apply for a UK Family visa. British citizens or those who are settled in the UK can bring their partners to the UK by sponsoring them and meeting other requirements of the visa. Appendix FM of the immigration rules allows a British citizen or one settled in the UK to bring their spouse or partner to the UK. There are some eligibility and suitability requirements to be met for this. However, what if someone is...

By - 2 years ago

Bringing your child to the UK – Sole Responsibility

Children of British citizens or parents who are settled holding Indefinite Leave to remain can apply for their children to join them if the parent or parents are in the UK and have sole responsibility for the child. The similar requirement of sole responsibility also applies to parents who hold limited leave to remain or are granted limited leave to remain and want their child to join them or accompany them.

Who Is a Dependent?

Generally, a child under the age of 18 years is a dependent chi...

By - 2 years ago

Adoption of a child - How it works

Adopting a child from overseas and bringing them to the UK is possible. In the UK one who wishes to adopt a child from overseas is permitted for the adoption. You can adopt a child from overseas if:

  • There is no safe environment for taking care of the child in their own country
  • Adopting such a child would be in the best interest of that child
  • The one who is adopting is found eligible and suitable to adopt from overseas by an adoption agency in the UK.
The adoption process only appli

By - 2 years ago

Appendix Graduate - for Students who complete their courses in the UK

The new route is launched on 01 July 2021. This route is beneficial for students who have been sponsored by higher education and have successfully completed their course which is a minimum of 12 months or longer, in their last granted leave to enter or remain in the UK.

The courses will be Bachelor, Masters or one of the following courses –
(a) a law conversion course validated by the Joint Academic Stage Board in England and Wales; or (b) the Legal Practice Course in England and Wales, the ...

By - 2 years ago

Sponsoring European workers

Brexit has changed the scenario completely. Now EU citizens are treated at par with any other non-British citizen from January 2021. EU employees hired after 31 December 2020 by UK employers will require a work visa like any other non-British citizen who wishes to work in the UK. From 2021 free movement between European nations and the UK is no longer in place. A new point-based system has come into force. This means all European workers arriving in the UK from 1 January 2021 will have to apply ...

By - 2 years ago

How to calculate continuous residence for ILR?

ILR means indefinite leave to remain. ILR allows one to stay in the UK indefinitely without immigration restriction. This means once you have ILR you are considered to be settled in the UK permanently. In order to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain as a Sole Representation, Tier 2 or skilled worker, Tier 2 Minister or Religion or Sports Person, UK Ancestry or Hong Kong British National Overseas. All these routes require that the applicant has spent continuous residence in the UK.



By - 2 years ago

UK Fiancé Visa - How to Apply

If you are engaged and looking to enter the UK as a fiancé of your partner who is either a British citizen or is a person holding Indefinite Leave to Remain, EEA National with limited Leave to Remain or a person holding limited leave as a ECAA person under Appendix ECAA of the immigration rules or a person who had a Refugee status or granted humanitarian protection, you can apply for a UK Fiancé visa. UK Fiancé visa is valid for 6 months only within which you must get married to your UK Fiancé ...

By - 2 years ago

Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.