UK Adult Dependent Visa
The applicants (grandparents or parents, if one of them is aged 65 years and above) under this category are eligible only when the sponsor in the UK is present and settled in the UK. However, if the circumstances the parent or grandparent is living in are exceptional or compassionate then the age bracket of 65 years of age can be relaxed.
- Widowed mother or father aged 65 years or above.
- A parent or grandparent aged 65 years and above, who though remarried but cannot rely on.
- Children from second marriage who need financial support.
- Parent or grandparent who is under 65 years of age and is financially and emotionally on the permanent UK resident dependent; and
- There is constant contact with the parent and grandparent by the sponsor.
The applicant has to prove and provide evidence under this category that his circumstances are true and most importantly there is financial dependency on the sponsor or most exceptional circumstances exist.