Changes to UK Visa process in Australia
INTRODUCTION OF NEW SCANNING PROCESS IN AUSTRALIA - NON-SETTLEMENT
From 30 January 2017, UK visa applications will be scanned at the visa application centre and sent electronically to UK Visas & Immigration for processing.
For a short transition period, original documents will still be sent to the UK Visas & Immigration Decision Making Centre in Manila. Once this period is over, documents will be handed back to the applicant straight away.
In order to avoid any delays at the UK Visa Application Centre, please follow the instructions below to ensure quick processing of your application. Failure to do so will result in delays at the visa application centre. Please bring original documents with you.
- Photocopies can be submitted but they must be clear and legible.
- Where possible all documents should be A4 size.
- Any documents which are smaller or larger than A4 size should be photocopied onto A4 sized paper. This includes the relevant pages of any previous passports.
- Please remove any paperclips, staples, bindings or plastic folders before they are submitted.
- Torn, crumpled or heavily creased documents cannot be scanned and therefore should be photocopied onto A4 sized paper before they are submitted.
- Documents should not be laminated.
Applicants applying in Adelaide and Hobart: When you post your applications for processing at the visa application centre in Sydney, please ensure you follow the instructions above. If you are applying for the priority service, please ensure the priority receipt placed at the front of the application form.
Failure to do so will result in delayed processing.
Changes to process for UK settlement visa applicants in Australia
UK Visas & Immigration is changing the way UK settlement visa applicants in Australia submit their supporting documents.
From 30 January 2017, all supporting documents should be sent to the UK address below by the sponsor or applicant.
PO Box 5852
Applicants can also choose a new service where their documents will be scanned and submitted by our commercial partner, VFS Global, for an additional fee.