• +44 (0)20 3411 1261
  • info@visaandmigration.com
uk visa enquiry
Latest News
 /  Latest News




See All
OISC Registered
immigration and asylum
ILPA member

Changes to Entrepreneur Visa

From 1 September 2015, If you are applying for entry clearance as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or as an adult dependent (over 18 years old) of the main applicant in this route you must provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country you have resided in continuously for 12 months or more, in the 10 years prior to your application. You must provide the following specified documents:
• The original certificate, for each country (excluding the UK) where you have resided continuously for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, since aged 18 years old, issued by the overseas authority,


•If the original is not in English, then you must provide a translated copy of certificate, in line with the requirements –

How to certify a document

Take the photocopied document and the original and ask the person to certify the copy by:

• writing ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the document
• signing and dating it
• printing their name under the signature
• adding their occupation, address and telephone number

The person certifying the document may charge you a fee.
Certifying a translation

If you need to certify a translation of a document that’s not written in English or Welsh, ask the translation company to confirm in writing on the translation:

• that it’s a ‘true and accurate translation of the original document’
• the date of the translation
• the full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company
Certificates will only be considered valid if they have been issued within 6 months of the visa application

We specialise exclusively in UK Immigration and Nationality Law. We are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner(OISC). We provide immigration services to clients from worldwide. Immigration law is complex and with the rules constantly changing we strongly recommend that you use specialists to support and represent you from the start. Call us now for an honest opinion of your case, possible costs and options.

Quick links


The Lansdowne Building, 2 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 2ER
+44 (0)20 3411 1261
+44 (0)20 3761 1901

India Office:
E501 Jagaran Apartments, Dwarka Sector 22, New Delhi, India

Iraq Office:
Nadia Al Said st, Beside the Embassy of Germany, Al Amirat Al-Mansour, Baghdad, Iraq

Our Services