uk visa enquiry

UK Fiancé Visa

All non-British nationals who want to enter the UK to marry their British partner, have pre-settled status, or are present and settled in the UK can apply for a UK Fiancé visa. UK Fiancé visa is a short-term visa valid for up to 6 months. However, visas can also be extended. The applicant must be sponsored by their partner in the UK, who is known as a sponsor.  

Eligibility requirements 

You must meet the following eligibility requirements in 2022 if you want to apply for a-

UK Fiancé visa

·       You and your partner must be 18 or over; 

·       Your partner must be one of the followings: 

               a. British Citizen in the UK; or 

b. ‘Present’ and ‘Settled’ in the UK; or 

c. Someone who has been granted Pre-Settled Status under the EU Settlement  Scheme; or 

d. In the UK, with refugee leave or with humanitarian protection; and  

·       Your UK partner must be present and settled in the UK, which means -  

i) Your UK partner is in the UK and is settled in the UK when your online application for a UK Fiancé Visa is submitted; or 

ii) Your UK partner, in the application, indicates that they will return to the UK with you (the applicant) if your visa application is successful. 

·       You and your partner must be in a legal relationship recognized in the UK; 

·       You must have your partner in person; 

·       Your relationship must be genuine and subsisting; 

·       You must intend to marry your partner within the six months of your arrival; 

·       You must prove that any previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended; 


·       You must meet the financial requirement. You can meet it in one of the following ways: 


  1. You and your UK partner must have a combined income of at least £18,600. If you have a dependent child, the minimum annual income level is £3,800 in addition to £18,600, which amounts to £22,400. If you have more than one dependent child, your UK partner’s minimum annual income must be £2,400 for each child starting from the second child, in addition to £22,400.   


b.  If you and your UK partner have combined cash savings of more than £62,500, your financial requirement is met, provided no dependent child is applying with you. If your fiancé and/or you have cash savings of at least £16,000 but less than £62,500, then this saving amount can be used to reduce the financial requirement that applies to your application. 

c. You don’t need to meet the minimum income threshold requirement if your UK partner receives a permitted benefit such as Disability Living Allowance, Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme, Mobility Supplement, Constant Attendance Allowance, or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme etc. In such a situation, a good maintenance test will apply. 


·     You must meet the accommodation requirement. You need to show that there would be an appropriate accommodation for you and your partner in the UK. However, the housing can be temporary until you get married to your UK partner. 

·      You must meet the English language requirement. 

·      You need to present the Tuberculosis Test result if you come from a country where taking a TB test is mandatory. 

Applying for ILR 

Once you have lived in the UK on a UK Fiancé visa and then on a UK spouse visa for five years, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK, provided you meet other eligibility requirements for ILR. 

  hould you wish to apply for a UK spouse Visa you can call Visa and Migration Ltd on 02034111261 to discuss your application. Visa and Migration Ltd is a fee charging organisation.  

You can also follow us on social media 







about-image about-image about-image about-image about-image
Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.