The Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers (ICT) route to a UK visa is mainly available to companies who intend to move their employee from an overseas branch to a UK branch. You can apply for a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa if you have been offered a job role by your overseas employer in a UK branch of the organization and you are from outside EEA and Switzerland.
What is an Intra Company Transfer Visa?
The two main types of Tier 2 ICT visa categories are for (i) long-term staff and (ii) graduate trainees.
You can apply long term staff visa if you are transferring into a role for which it requires you to have had previous work experience in the company for more than 12 months. The only exception to this is if your employer will pay you £73,900 or more per year to work in the UK.
A graduate trainee visa is applicable if you are transferring into graduate trainee programs for specialist roles such as a specialist research or IT role. You need to have a recent degree level or above qualification with a minimum of 3 months experience with your employer overseas.
You can apply for the visa up to 3 months before you are going to start your work in the UK. You can find this date mentioned on your certificate of sponsorship. After you apply from outside the UK, you should get a decision on your visa application generally within 3 weeks.
Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers Eligibity Requirements
There are a number of requirements you need to fulfill in order to be eligible for a Tier 2 intra company transfer visa. These include:
- Your employer has issued you a valid Certificate of Sponsorship
- You must be paid an ‘appropriate salary’ as on the Occupational Codes
- You must provide documentary evidence that shows that you have enough savings to support yourself financially when you arrive in the UK or that the maintenance amount is certified by the sponsor
- If you are from a listed country then you need to have tuberculosis test results
- You must show you have worked for your employer outside the UK for at least 12 months.
How long you can stay in the UK?
The maximum length of time you can stay in the UK on your Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer is as follows:
- For long-term staff with an income of more than £120,000, the maximum time length for your stay in the UK is 9 years.
- For long-term staff with an income of less than £120,000, the maximum time length for your stay in the UK is 5 years and 1 month.
- Graduate trainees can stay in the UK for a maximum 12 months.
Note that the time you are allowed to stay may be less than this, and you can find these details on your certificate of sponsorshop. You can start living in the UK up to 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship.
Tier 2 ITC Visa Conditions
While in the UK on a Tier 2 ICT visa, you can do following:
- You can do the job described in your certificate of sponsorship for your sponsor
- Along with your main job, you can also do a second job in the same profession and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week
- You can do voluntary work
- You can study, unless it interferes with the job you are sponsored for
- You can travel abroad and return to the UK
- You can bring your family members to the UK with you
However, you cannot do the following:
- You cannot have access to public funds
- You cannot start working before your application is approved
For further information about Tier 2 ICT visas, please get in touch with our expert team.