uk visa enquiry

Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence

A UK-based business that wants to recruit foreign employees for its organization needs a sponsor license granted by the UK Home Office.  

However, you don’t need a UK sponsor licence to employ Irish citizens, those with settled or pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme and those with indefinite leave to remain in the UK.   

Requirements for sponsor license  

To get a sponsor license, your business needs to meet the following requirements:  

  • Your organization must have a presence in the UK.  
  • Your organization must be operating or trading lawfully in the UK. If there is more than one branch of your organization in the UK, you may apply for one licence only for all, or you might apply for separate licences for each branch.   
  • You must submit the document of evidence if required. For example, you may need to submit proof that your organization is registered with the appropriate body if your organization must be registered with or inspected/monitored by a statutory body to operate lawfully in the UK.  
  • Home Office must be satisfied with the followings:  
  1. You are offering genuine employment in a skilled occupation   
  2. You will pay the correct salary rate, as specified by the Home Office.  

  • You must prove that you accept all of the duties of being a sponsor licence holder.  

  • You cannot have the following in order to get a sponsor license:   

  1.  criminal convictions that you have not spent for immigration offences or other crimes such as fraud, money laundering etc.  
  2. Your sponsor licence was revoked in the last 12 months.  


Cost of sponsor license?  

Depending upon the size (large, medium or small) of your organization, you need to pay the fee for the sponsor license for the first-time application and also for each renewal you apply for. Medium and large organizations are required to pay a sponsor licence fee of £1,476. Small organizations are required to pay a sponsor licence fee of £536.  

How to apply for sponsor licence?  

You need to apply online for a sponsor licence along with a minimum of four specified supporting documents as evidence of the trading presence of your organization in the UK. In addition to that, you need to submit a cover letter to provide background information about your organization. 

If you need professional assistance with your sponsor licence application you can contact our team on 02034111261. 

You can also follow us on social media 






about-image about-image about-image about-image about-image
Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.