uk visa enquiry

Scale Up Visa - Sponsored and Unsponsored Routes

The scale up visa started from 22 August 2022 and requires the applicant to be sponsored by a sponsor (UK company) holding a Temporary Worker Licence - Scale Up Business.  

The Scale Up Business is a business which has grown their employees or  business turnover by 20% each year in the last 3 years and had 10 employees at the start of the 3 years period.  

The Scale Up Business needs to provide the applicant with a Certificate of Sponsorship for at least 6 months. The applicant should be in receipt of a minimum salary of £33000 or as stated by the Skilled Occupations of the occupation list, whichever is higher. The salary should be the basic salary on PAYE. 

You can make an application as an unsponsored applicant if you have previously had a Scale Up visa and your monthly PAYE earnings in the UK to at least £33000 per year. You must have received this salary for 50% of your permission as a Scale Up Worker, so if you were employed for 2 years then 1 year you should have received a salary of £33000 or above.  

You need to meet the English Language Requirement at Level B1 for this route and if you have not lived in the UK for 12 months or longer then you need to show maintenance of £1270 or the maintenance should be certified by the sponsor on the certificate of sponsorship.  

Indefinite Leave to Remain 

In order to apply for Indefinite leave to remain on this route you need to spend 5 years on this route and in the last 3 years before the date of application you should have received an income of £33000 for at least 24 months. The earnings should be equivalent to PAYE earnings.  


You can get your spouse, unmarried partner and children as dependents under this route. Apart from proving the relationship is genuine and subsisting or in the case of a child that you have sole responsibility if you are separated from the other parent, you need to satisfy the maintenance requirement, which is £285 for a partner, £315 for the first child and £200 each for any additional children.  

The dependents can apply for ILR after 5 years.  

If you are looking for immigration advice and representation for your application, please contact Visa and Migration Ltd on 02034111261. 

You can also follow us on social media 






about-image about-image about-image about-image about-image
Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.