Are you holding a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in UK? Do you want to extend your visa? If the answer is yes, then you can apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa extension. But what are the requirements and how long does it take to apply for an extension?
You should apply for extension before your current Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa expires.
UK Entreprenuer Visa Extension Requirements
- You meet the eligibility requirements for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.
- You are registered as a director of a UK business (either new or existing) or as self-employed, no more than 6 months after the date you were given permission to stay in the UK under a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.
- You have been self-employed, a member of a partnership or you are working as a director of a business 3 months before you apply for an extension.
- You must have created a minimum of 2 full time jobs that have existed for at least 12 months.
- You must have invested either £200,000 in cash - or £50,000 in cash if your initial application was based on getting funds from an approved funding source - in 1 or more businesses in the UK.
If you have any dependents, like your partner or children, who are with you on your current visa then you should also include them on your application for an extension. This also includes children who turned 18 during your stay in the UK.
Applying from within and outside the UK
When you are applying for extension from within UK, then you can download the form for it and then apply by post. You will get the address where you have to dispatch the form on the form itself. You must also submit your biometric information; this includes your fingerprints and a photo. You can submit your biometrics at certain post office branches across the UK. If your application for a visa extension is successful then you will be given biometric residence permit.
If you are applying from outside UK, then you can apply online.
As part of your application, you will have to pay the healthcare surcharge
How long does it take?
You should get a decision on your application for extension within 8 weeks. If your application is complex in nature, then it will take longer and you will be contacted about this. It will take longer because:
- There is the need to verify your supporting documents.
- You need to attend an interview.
- If you have specific personal situations, such as a criminal conviction.
After you have applied, you can stay in the UK until you have been given a decision on your application (as long as you applied before your last visa expired). If you get application is successful, then you can be granted extension of stay as a Tier 1 entrepreneur for 2 years.
If you are refused the extension, you can challenge the decision by way of an administrative review
against the refusal....