When you apply for a UK visa as a spouse or partner there are several requirements to be met. One of those crucial requirements is the financial requirement. Financial requirement has to be met by the sponsor or applicant for the purpose of Fiancé, Spouse, Unmarried Partner or Civil Partner visas.
Minimum income rule
So, the minimum income as per Home Office is like this:
- Partner only with no children – £18,600
- Partner and 1 child – £22,400
- Partner and 2 children – £24,800
- Partner and 3 children – £27,200
+ £2400 for each additional child
Ways to meet Financial Requirement
You can meet the financial requirement on the following basis –
Adequate accommodation rule
- The British Citizen or ILR holder (Sponsor) is employed in the UK with the same employer for 6 months or more;
- If the Sponsor has changed jobs and is not employed for 6 months with current employer but has been employed for the last 12 months – you can meet the financial requirement by providing 12 months documents;
- The sponsor is self-employed in the UK can meet the financial requirement if they have been self-employed for one whole financial years running from 6 April to 5 April next year;
- The sponsor is a director of the company and has the company tax return can meet the financial requirement if they earn more than 18600 from salary and dividends from the company;
- If the sponsor is employed outside they will need to provide 12 months income proof with earnings of £18600 or higher and a job offer in the UK to start within the next 3 months of arrival and paying £18600 or higher;
- If the sponsor is self-employed or director of a company outside the UK they will need to prove that they have received an income in excess of £18600 in the financial year of the country they are in or have an income of £18600 higher from their company outside the UK in the company’s financial year outside the UK. Sponsor will need to establish they want to do a similar business or self-employment in the UK.
- Savings of £62500 for 6 months;
- Savings which may be acquired from sale of property / Shares / Stocks which were owned for 6 months or more can be counted towards the financial requirement provided you have received £62500 or more after the sale of an asset
- Savings held in Investment Portfolio can be used for financial requirement till the investment firm is able to provide a letter as required by the Immigration Rules
- Pension funds can be used for meeting the financial requirement till the annual pension receipt is £18600 or higher.
- Non – employment income such as rental income or income from stocks, shares can also be used to meet the financial requirement
This is another part by which the financial requirement can be met; however this only applies to you if the sponsor receives –
- Carer’s Allowance.
- Disability Living Allowance.
- Severe Disablement Allowance.
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
- Attendance Allowance.
- Personal Independence Payment.
- Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
- Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.
- Police Injury Pension.
The calculations under this route have to be made in according to the receipt of income and subtracting the expenses for the tenancy and council tax should be greater than the income received for income support allowance.
If you are looking for Immigration Advice in connection with your application as a partner, call Visa and Migration Ltd on 02034111261 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org