uk visa enquiry

Domestic Violence and Indefinite Leave to Remain

If you are married or in an unmarried partnership with a British Citizen and were granted Entry Clearance or Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom you can be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom if you are suffering domestic violence. The applications work on a very careful consideration basis as the applicant needs to prove that they have suffered domestic violence. The applicant is required to provide witness statements with the application. There are different types of domestic abuse but not limited to -

  • Coercive Control (a pattern of intimidation, degradation, isolation and control with the use or threat of physical or sexual violence)
  • Psychological and/or emotional abuse
  • Physical or sexual abuse
  • Financial and Economic Abuse
  • Harassment and Stalking
  • Online or Digital Abuse

Reporting domestic abuse

No matter what is nature, context or level of abuse, you should report it to the police at the earliest. You can also seek help from different organizations who work to safeguard victims of domestic abuse in the UK.  You should always keep records of these documents.

Seeking help from Police under the domestic violence disclosure scheme

Under this scheme, you have ‘right to ask’ from police about whether your partner had a violent past or not. If there is record available showing that you may be at risk to face domestic abuse from your partner, the police may disclose the information to you. Right to ask can also be availed by the third party such as family or friends. In both cases, if it is lawful, police will disclose the information. You can apply under the scheme of domestic violence disclosure scheme by visiting a police station, dialing 101 or telling about it to a police officer on the street. If you sense emergency, you can dial 999.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

 You can apply by completing SET (DV) Application form. If it is proved that you are a victim of domestic abuse, you are likely to succeed in applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain. You do not need to meet the Life in the UK test or English Language requirement. In some cases your application fee can also be waived off by making a destitution concession application. You may also be granted access to public funds depending on circumstances. If you are looking to submit an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain on the basis of Domestic Violence contact Visa and Migration Ltd today on 02034111261....

about-image about-image about-image about-image about-image
Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.