uk visa enquiry

British Passport Applications for Children from Overseas

If you are a British National and had your child born outside the UK after you had become a British Citizenship by descent. You can be a British citizen otherwise by descent if you were born in the UK before 1 Jan 1983, or Naturalized in the UK, or born in the UK to a parent holding Indefinite Leave to Remain or British Citizen. If you Naturalized or became British by birth by being born in the UK you can pass your British citizenship to the children born outside the UK. However if you were born outside the UK you cannot pass on the British citizenship to your children who may be born outside the UK. The children will need to apply for a settlement visa and once they are in the UK and have lived for 3 years in the UK. They will be able to apply for British Citizenship under section 3 (5) of the British Nationality Act 1981 If you are able to pass the citizenship to your child then an application has to be made online or by making an appointment at the British post for countries like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Libya, etc, It is worth checking before you apply.

Applying online

Well, there are 3 stages of online application for British Passport from overseas. You or someone your behalf can apply online.
  1. In the first step, you are asked some questions to determine whether you are making a first-time passport application or for a renewal. After that, you are asked to submit some personal details of the person for whom the passport is needed.
  2. In the second step, you are required to pay the amount online through debit or credit cards in pounds sterling. Now, you can take a print out of the declaration form and other guidance.
  3. In the third step, you need to sign the declaration form that you printed and then you can send it to the place as informed in the guidance.
Do note that your signed declaration form, documents, and photos must reach the designated place in the UK within 90 days; otherwise, your application will be withdrawn without a refund.

People under the age of 18 making application for British Passport

Children who are 16 or above or who will turn 16 within 3 weeks can sign a declaration form themselves while those children who are below 16 must have permission from a person with parental responsibility. Please note in some cases the parents are required to provide DNA for the child to prove their paternity or maternity If you need assistance with applying for the British Citizenship for your children you can contact Visa and Migration Ltd for expert advice for a fixed fee. Call 02034111261 today to receive expert advice on UK Immigration matter....

about-image about-image about-image about-image about-image
Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.