The European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) The agreement permits Turkish nationals to work or set up a business and attain residency rights in the UK. The old 1973 provisions apply to all ECAA applications, making the application process more flexible. However, an applicant is prevented from benefiting from the ECAA if it is discovered that they are in breach of UK immigration laws. In such circumstances, the applicant will be subjected to the points-based system that is currently operated.
ECAA Self-Employed Visas
Those Turkish nationals who wish to pursue their business or want to be self-employed can apply to or remain in the UK under the Turkish ECAA business category.
The applicant must (i) have sufficient funds set up and begin the business, (ii) have the ability to establish the proposed business successfully; and (iii) be capable enough to make sufficient profit out of the business to support without taking recourse to the additional employment as for that the applicant would need to apply for the work permit in addition.
The above conditions having fulfilled, the applicant will become eligible for leave to remain for an initial period of 12 months. Thereafter the applicant may seek to apply for an extension under the same category (i.e. business category) subject to fulfilling the very conditions of the business and that the business must have already been successfully established, there must be no dearth of funds to run the business. Further, the amount of profits must be such as the applicant can sustain without opting for additional paid work.
The above criteria having been fulfilled, the applicant becomes eligible for a three-year visa extension.
On completing 4 years with the above conditions, the ECAA businessperson in the UK may on his request be considered for indefinite leave to remain as he has sufficiently displayed that he can successfully pursue his business and settle permanently in the country.
Worker Visas for Turkish ECAA
A valid visa holder (au pair visa or a Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 4 visa) and legally employed to work in the UK for one year continuously with the same employer, the Turkish National is permitted to apply for a visa extension to stay for long. Successful workers getting visa extension will be permitted to stay in the UK as a Turkish ECAA worker but he cannot apply for indefinite leave to remain.
After working continuously for three years on the same job and with the same employer, a Turkish ECAA worker can change employers. Thereupon, after four years, the worker may be permitted to seek employment with any employer in any occupation.
An applicant having transgressed the UK immigration laws, cannot work in the UK as an ECAA worker.
Why Choose Us?
- You pay a Fixed Fee
- You Receive advise from our experienced caseworkers.
- We provide our client’s with unlimited meetings and support.
- We provide our client’s with unlimited phone calls.
- We advise you on the procedure, requirements and merits of making an application to the UKBA/British Diplomatic post.
- We keep our client’s updated with new rules and procedure and act in their best interest.
- We draft representations in support of your immigration matter explaining your circumstances in detail and proving how you satisfy the requirements of Immigration Rules.
- We advise and represent our clients’ dependants to seek dependant visas in line with the visa of the main applicant.
- We lodge appeals and prepare administrative reviews.
- We advise you on the future applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain and British Citizenship for those who will complete required number of years in the UK.
- We answer your queries even after your application has been submitted and approved on what you are required to next.