uk visa enquiry
UK Visa

UK Civil Partnership Visa

Do you need to apply for a UK Civil Partnership Visa?

Speak to our experts to find out about our fast, friendly and affordable service

A registered civil partnership is a lawful relationship between two people of the same sex. Same-sex couples should generally register their civil partnership before applying for a UK visa under this category unless they have lived together for a period of 2 years. In some cases, it may not be necessary to even show that you have lived together with your partner for 2 years, however, we would need to know about your circumstances in detail in order to see whether your application will be successful under this category. You can find out more about the eligibility criteria for a UK civil partnership visa below.

Eligibility Criteria for the UK civil partnership visa

If the applicant is a partner in a same-sex relationship like that of marriage, then he/she may be eligible to make an application for a stay or entry in the United Kingdom under the category of UK civil partnership visa

  • Both the civil partner should be at least 18 years of age; and
  • Both the civil partners should have met and should be committed to the relationship; and
  • Their relationship should be genuine and subsisting; and
  • Neither of the partners has a relationship with more than one partner; and
  • Both the partners intend to live together and establish a permanent home together in the United Kingdom

Apart from the above, the applicant will need to provide evidence that he/she is a civil partner of:

  • A present and a settled person in the United Kingdom, or
  • Your partner will on arrival be admitted for settlement

It is important for the partner to show that there is adequate accommodation for the other partner and any dependents and that he/she will be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds for UK civil partnership visa.

After 9 July 2012, the applicant will need to ensure that either of the parties should be earning £18,600 if they are inside the United Kingdom or the partner in the United Kingdom has these earnings. There are various ways to meet the financial requirement; please consult our expert team to find out if you meet this financial requirement.

Duration of Stay under UK civil partnership visa

If you are applying from overseas, you will be issued leave to enter for a period of 33 months. Inside the United Kingdom, you will be issued a stay for a period of 30 months. A further extension will continue to be sought until it accumulates to 5 years under the UK civil partnership visa.

After completion of a period of 5 years’ residence in the United Kingdom as a civil partner, you will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. This is, of course, dependent upon the condition that the applicant is still in a civil partnership, where both civil partners are living together in the UK and can continue to meet the requirements as mentioned above. Of course, to the condition that the applicant is still a civil partner and living together in the UK and can continue to meet the requirement as mentioned above.

How We Work

  • We assess your circumstances and provide you a quote for our services; If you want to move ahead -  
  • You pay a 50% deposit of our fee so you never part with all your money; 
  • We Provide you with a comprehensive checklist of documents according to your circumstances; 
  • We provide you with templates and approved and accepted by the Home Office; 
  • We advise you on the evidence and process of submitting the application from the country you apply from; 
  • We Review all the evidence and suggest any amendments you may require (and/or We draft letters or templates for you where necessary);
  • We do not leave any scope for refusal of your application - if there is anything which is of concern we point this out to you and help you to remedy the issues;  
  • We fill and prepare the application forms and we always send this for you to review and confirm to avoid any simple mistakes;
  • We prepare and finalise your application for submission and book you an appointment in the country where you provide your biometrics;  
  • We preparing detailed representations for the Home Office or UKV&I in reference to the Immigration Rules (This is when you pay the rest of our 50% fee); and 
  • Should there be a delay beyond the processing timings we will chase the application for you.

Do you want to apply for a UK civil partnership visa? Our immigration experts can help you with a hassle-free UK civil partnership visa application at affordable service charge. Contact us now for more information.

Do you need to apply for a UK Civil Partnership Visa?

Speak to our experts to find out about our fast, friendly and affordable service

about-image about-image about-image about-image about-image
Visa and Migration is a private OISC regulated company (F201500999) and is not an official Government body. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the UKVI website.