Family Life as a Parent Requirements

A non-British parent can exercise their right of access to their child/children who are resident in UK. There is this provision offered to such parent by UK immigration rules. A single non-British parent can apply for leave to enter or remain in UK on the basis of their family life with a British or settled child who is living in the UK. This application can only be made by all single parents. Those who are still in a relationship with the other parent cannot apply as parent but they can apply as a partner. Single parent can be a stepfather, stepmother or adoptive parent.

Continue reading “Family Life as a Parent Requirements”

Sole Responsibility

Generally, the concept of sole responsibility is only applicable where the parents may have separated or divorced. The responsibility of the child is such cases are with one of the parents who are in the UK. If the parent in the UK wants their child to join them in the UK then they will need to establish that they have the sole responsibility of the child.

Continue reading “Sole Responsibility”

What Are Your Duties as a Sponsor License Holder?

When an organization in the UK receives Sponsor License it authorizes them to recruit foreign nationals outside of EEA area. They can employ skilled workers to work for their organization. However, along with rights, there are some duties or responsibilities upon sponsor license holders as well. If you are an organization in the UK applying for sponsor license, it is better you know the duties that you need to perform as sponsor license holder because if you fail to do so then you may face a downgrade in user rating, your license may be suspended or withdraw and you are putting the jobs of existing migrant workers at risk.

Continue reading “What Are Your Duties as a Sponsor License Holder?”

Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers

The Tier 2 ICT route – otherwise known as an Intra-Company Transfer – is mainly available to companies who intend to move their employee from overseas branch to a UK Branch.

You can apply for Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa if you have been offered a job role by your overseas employer in UK branch of the organization and you are from outside EEA and Switzerland.

Continue reading “Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers”

UK Right to Work Checks

Many foreign national workers wish to come to UK for work. Employers in UK also wish to or need to employ non EEA nationals in their organization. Well, a UK employer with sponsor license can hire non EEA workers in their organizations. But they need to carry out some necessary checks on workers they are employing who will join them in UK. In UK, by law all employers must check that their employees have the right to work in the UK. It is stated on the British government website that “You must check that a job applicant is allowed to work for you in the UK before you employ them”. So, it is mandatory for all employers to carry out this requirement.

Continue reading “UK Right to Work Checks”

Tier 2 Indefinite Leave to Remain

Tier 2 Indefinite Leave to remain is granted to people who have completed 5 years as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant and satisfy requirements of paragraph 245HF of the Immigration Rules.

Tier 2 ICT migrants granted leave before 5 April 2010 and Tier 2 ICT Long Term granted leave before 5 April 2011 may also be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain provided they satisfy all the requirements under paragraph 245 GF of the Immigration Rules.

Continue reading “Tier 2 Indefinite Leave to Remain”

Sponsorship Licences – What Are the Common Mistakes Employers Make?

A company always wants to hire best people. Sponsorship licence makes provisions for hiring people from foreign countries or people already in the UK – provided they are allowed to switch their immigration category. The company is required to obtain a sponsor license first before they can sponsor a proposed employee.

Continue reading “Sponsorship Licences – What Are the Common Mistakes Employers Make?”