How to Apply for a UK Spouse Visa from Thailand

Moving to and settling in the UK is common for people from Thailand; one of the primary UK visas we receive applications for are Thailand to UK marriage visas. Perhaps you legally married in Thailand and now wish to move your wife to the UK; this is what a UK marriage visa allows you to do.

Continue reading “How to Apply for a UK Spouse Visa from Thailand”

Third Party Financial Support in FM Cases

  1. The Requirement of £18,600 plus remains the same for most people

The MM case didn’t preclude the requirement to meet a basic income requirement and it stays the same at £18,600 to sponsor the partner, £22,400 to sponsor a partner and child, and further increased with each additional child. In this manner, it forces UK Visas and Immigration to widen the pool of acceptable sources of income and thereby giving families more opportunities to show that they are capable of fulfilling the requirements of the rules.

  1. Additional sources of permitted income can be relied upon only in ‘exceptional circumstances’

The August rule changes do not benefit all the families. A visa officer will consider additional sources of income only in the case of “exceptional circumstances”. It is however not illustrated as to what those circumstances might be, but the new rules refer to “unjustifiably harsh circumstances” for the applicant, their partner or the child(ren). It is not, however, clear whether a family will qualify to rely on additional sources of funding. The circumstantial evidence will, therefore, be crucial – like

  1. Only the extra sources of income will matter

The explanation in the Immigration Rules is very elaborate and it manifestly covers the following:

  • Definite and sustainable support from a third party such as parents.
  • Maintainable prospective UK earnings from employment or self-employment
  • Any other source of income on which is available and the couple can depend

Income that does not include some finances, such as, personal loans cannot be acceptable. The most important point to consider is that the funding must be ‘sustainable’, which means that there must be sufficient evidence as to from whom, for how long and what is available.

  1. It is for you to establish your circumstances and availability of the income

Those who have prepared a UK visa application must know that they should provide very clear evidence at every stage. Not that just to proving the income on which one would rely but this will also require demonstrating that the applicants qualify to rely on those additional sources in the first place. Therefore, clear documentary proof of family circumstances is not always relevant to a visa application, such as health concerns. In the new rules, the focus is also on providing satisfactory evidence of the “genuineness, credibility and reliability” of any extra income, for which many more documents will be required for a visa officer to determine that the funds declared by the applicant are sufficient.

  1. As per the new rules, it is harder for those who seek to settle in the UK permanently.

The new set of rules prescribes a 10-year route to permanent settlement in the UK, double the length of residence required by those who satisfy the ‘normal’ income rules. This is not something that MM considered or approved, but these conditions already exist and used by UK Visas and Immigration for those qualifying for exemption from some of the standard visa requirements. Longer the qualification period is, more the applications to submit, which results in more money to pay as you work towards a settlement. It goes without saying therefore that the rule changes come at a price and the families who aspire settlement can potentially ill-afford it.

Common Sponsorship Licence Mistakes Made By Employers

A company always wants to hire the best people. A sponsorship licence makes provisions for hiring people from foreign countries or people already in the UK, provided they are allowed to switch their immigration category. The company is required to obtain a sponsor license first before they can sponsor a proposed employee.

Continue reading “Common Sponsorship Licence Mistakes Made By Employers”

What To Do if Your Visit Visa is Refused

Large numbers of people apply for a UK visitor visa every year. In the past, there had been different visas for different purposes, such as travel, study, business, leisure and so on. More recently, these visas have been replaced by the UK standard visitor visa. You can apply for this visa if you want to visit the UK for business, leisure or even other purposes, like for private medical treatment.

This visa is granted for a short stay of six months of less in the UK. However, due to the increased number of visit visa applications, there have also been an increased number of UK visit visa refusals. Continue reading “What To Do if Your Visit Visa is Refused”

How to Apply for a UK Entrepreneur Visa from the UAE

If you are looking to come to the UK from the United Arab Emirates in order to set up a new person, then you will likely be seeking an entrepreneur visa. This allows business people from all over the world – including the UAE – to start a new enterprise in the UK. In order to do so, you would just need the relevant funds – either £50,000 (in regulated funds) or £200,000 (in your own disposable funds).

The process for applying for a UK visa from Dubai or any other part of the UAE is similar to applying from many other countries across the globe. If you are a non-UAE national living in the United Arab Emirates you can still apply for a UK in the UAE – assuming that you are legally present.

Continue reading “How to Apply for a UK Entrepreneur Visa from the UAE”

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Maintenance Fund

Those looking to set up a new business or take over the running of a business in the UK can apply for a UK tier 1 entrepreneur visa. As with all other visa categories, you are required to meet some eligibility conditions. Meeting these conditions raises your chance of getting a successful decision on your entrepreneur visa application. One such condition is having the relevant maintenance funds.

Continue reading “Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Maintenance Fund”

Writing a Business Plan for an Entrepreneur Visa

Are you looking to start a new business in the UK? If so, you may need to apply for an entrepreneur visa. In this article, we explain what an entrepreneur visa is, the steps you need to take to apply and how to write a business plan for a UK visa application. We will also highlight what elements you need to include, as well as some common mistakes that often to lead to Tier 1 entrepreneur visa applications being rejected.

Continue reading “Writing a Business Plan for an Entrepreneur Visa”